Welcome Mrs. Reece!

England Students & Families,

While I am home taking care of my new baby in the next few months, England is lucky to have a great librarian who will be our substitute librarian through the end of March!  Her name is Mrs. Reece, and you can see a picture of her below.  She is excited to be teaching lessons to our students and working with Mrs. Huffor to keep our library running smoothly and in tip-top shape!  Here is a message from Mrs. Reece:

tracireece

My name is Traci Reece and I am so lucky to get the opportunity to work in the Elsa England library while Mrs. Kupersztoch and her family enjoy their new baby! I went to college at Tulane University in New Orleans, and then library school at UT Austin. I’ve worked and volunteered for libraries and tech companies since then, doing website design, programming, training and support.
I have two daughters at Westwood High School and a son at Spicewood Elementary, where I’ve spent the last 7 years volunteering in the library. My favorite books to read aloud are Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White, Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans, and Matilda by Roald Dahl.  My own favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I love making gumbo when it’s cold, knitting when I have time, traveling with my husband and family, and of course READING!

Please stop by the library and introduce yourself to Mrs. Reece!  I know she is looking forward to meeting all of our England Leopards!